This Observatory was founded for those who love chest imaging, enjoy watching its curious behaviors, and think about the pathophysiology behind it. We hope it serves as a forum for review as well as fresh ideas. We invite visitors from around the globe, including students, residents, fellows, practicing radiologists, researchers, technologists, and physicians of other specialties.
Feature on CoVID-19
Collection of CoVID-19 cases
- Mini-lecture on Imaging of CoVID-19 by Dr Mark Hammer
- STR Update on CoVID-19 by Dr Jeff Kanne
- ACR Imaging Recommendations for CoVID-19 and STR/ASER Position Statement on Imaging for CoVID-19
- “CT Imaging Features of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)” Radiology 2020
- “Radiological findings from 81 patients with COVID-19 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study” Lancet Infectious Diseases 2020
- “A role for CT in COVID-19? What data really tell us so far” Lancet 2020
- “Radiologist Reporting and Operational Management for Patients With Suspected COVID-19” J Am Coll Radiol 2020
About the Founders
Dr. Hatabu is Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School and works in the Division of Thoracic Imaging at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. His research interests include Thoracic MRI and interstitial lung abnormality.
Dr. Hammer is Instructor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School and works in the Division of Thoracic Imaging and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. His research interests include lung disease in immunocompromised hosts and management of subsolid nodules.